Wednesday, April 02, 2008

It's definitely springtime...

...because I can't stop sneezing
...the flowers are starting to bloom
...it's still light outside and it's almost 7:30pm

Still jetlagged, I'm not tired but my hours of sleep hasn't yet normalized! Haven't unpacked yet ~ there's no place to put my stuff. My room has become everyone's dumping ground for storage. Argh! Thank god I'm still jobless, because it'll take some time to sort through all this junk. What makes it worse is that it's not even my stuff so I can't just throw them out.

Woke up past 2pm today and went out for a short and easy run. Way shorter than my planned 3 miles. It was an uninspired run, I didn't plan my route, I was sneezing, I was thirsty, there were cars... Aborted the run at 1.73mi rather than continue being miserable. This is not a good start to my marathon training! =(

Miles   ::1.73
Pace   ::11:35
Time   ::20:04

Hopefully it'll all change this weekend. Heading to Yosemite this Friday, whoopee! Looking forward to snowshoeing, biking, hiking, and crossing my fingers, doing my long run for the week, an 8miler. Hmmn, can I fit this all in four days???

9 comments:

Runner said...

hey bea,

how does it feel to be back in the States? were you on like a sabbatical when you stayed in the Philippines?
anyway, only four months to go before SFM!

venice

flipland said...

if we survived easter boot camp and are about to embark upon boot camp #2, then you will be able to do all that you noted in 4 days.

so, was it easier running in polluted green valley? :-)

bealtea said...

hi venice, feels kinda strange to be back in the states, but it feels like home :-) i did take a 2 1/2 yr sabbatical, or what i called "i'm going for
broke." how's your training going?

hey flipland! bootcamp is way easier, ha ha. i'm miserable here with constant sniffling, watery eyes, cracked nose... off to yosemite in a couple of
hours, really want to run some trails... yup it's either smog or pollen, hmmn... good luck at boot camp!

Runner said...

hi bea,
training is kind of erratic recently due to my schedule. Calgary Half is less than two weeks away and won't run it but may settle for the 5k's and 10 k's between now and July.. Come May, i have to catch up on my training for the Calgary Marathon and SFM.
regards.
venice

bealtea said...

hi venice, my training is going well, though i should be racking up more miles... i ran a 9miler last weekend, so i'm happy about that.

try to carve some time out for your training. we've gotta start building up on our miles... :-)

Runner said...

evidently, you've been good with your training! i talked to a gym buddy and she mentioned that her son did SFM last year and said he ran it on a wintry-like day. oh dear, i hope it won't be like that this year.

bealtea said...

thanks, it's hard to get myself out and running, but i'm always glad after the run.

i find it easier to run on a cooler day, i'd take that anytime over the heat. it just takes awhile to warm up... :-) how're things going for you?

Runner said...

hi bea,

the thought of SFm being only three months away is both scary and exciting. have you familiarized yourself with those not-so gentle hills yet? i still have to increase my mileage and conquer more hills.

venice

bealtea said...

I know, can you believe it?!? the last two weeks i;ve been a bit ambivalent about running. just like the new balance commercial, it's a love/hate relationship right now... the thought of going through shin pain the first 15-20min is enough to for me to skip training.

but it's gotta change, beginning this week. will start doing some hill training this week...