Friday, October 19, 2007

Training for my first marathon

So. Yesterday, after reading The Bull Runner's blog, I am inspired to run the Pasig Marathon.

Huh, I've only run one race so far, Soroptomists Takbo Breast Friend, a 5K, earlier this month. I ran slower than hoped, 32:03, but I placed 6th in Women's. Oh, the smile pasted on my face that day! I swear, the afterglow lingered for days.

Whatever possessed me, but I am committed to running the Pasig Marathon this coming February 2008.

Training tools:
Hal Higdon's Marathon The Ultimate Training and Racing Guide
iPod Nano with Nike+ sensor
Polar F11 Heart Rate Monitor
MapMyRun.com

Wish List:
Garmin Forerunner 305
Fuel Belt Helium 4
a new pair of running shoes (150 miles left on my Nike Moto)

Here starts my four month journey towards my first marathon.

0 comments: