Sunday, October 28, 2007

Week 1 Recap

MON: Strength 1hr; Yoga 1.5hrs
TUE: Easy 4.17mi, 11:30pa
WED: Interval 3.13mi, 10:32pa
THU: Tempo 5mi, 10:49pa
FRI: Rest
SAT: Pace 5mi, 10:42pa
SUN: Long 9.95m, 11:23pa (longest run to date!)
TOTAL: 27.25mi

Today's long 9.95mi run was done around the U.P. oval. Grabbed a cab at 5:15am and headed to the university to run with J and Doc A. We started out fast at a 9:28pa. This being my first time running with them, I didn't want to hold them back. So by mile 5, I urged them to go ahead without me while I run at a much slower pace. Them being the gentlemen they are, said no, so we settled to a more manageable pace of 10:45. It took me 1h53m to circle the outer oval 6.5 times at an average pace of 11:23. Not bad... I completed last week's long 8mi run on the treadmill at an 11:55pa. It was encouraging to hear J say that I've got good form and strides, and more importantly that I will do quite well in the marathon. Not bad for someone who only started running this June, eh?

Except for the expensive cab ride (P130!), it's so much nicer running in U.P than in Ortigas. On Sundays, streets circling the oval are closed to vehicles, there are lots of trees, a big oval you can circle over and over, and lots of runners and bikers to check out. ;-) There were several running groups out there training for the New Balance half marathon to be held in Subic in a couple of weeks. The Runnex group had over 30 members in tow, WOW! That's the way to do train.

During the run, my Polar HRM froze on me 15 minutes into the run, ARGH, so I'm not sure how well I did. I did okay though, as I could have continued on for a couple more miles. Time to seriously consider getting the Garmin Forerunner 305 sooner rather than later. :-D

On to another subject...
A few more days until the October Runner+ challenge is over. I should wait for the challenge to end before posting the final results. But when I logged on today, I was ecstatic to note that I'm currently in 2nd place! Can you feel my giddyness?!?

0 comments: