Saturday, February 23, 2008

Melbourne, Part One

Just a quick update on how my Melbourne leg is going so far.

Enjoying myself, meeting people and seeing a whole lot of sights. The hostel where I'm staying at is fine. Location is GREAT! It's at Flinders Lane and Swanston, so central to everything! But my bed is a bit lumpy (what can I expect from AU$30/nite). I have 3 roommates, a girl from Japan, Korea and an Australian from Perth. They're all so sweet and helpful.

So, here's what I've done so far...

Day One:
Melbourne Aquarium
Melbourne River Cruise - Up River
City Highlights & Dandenong Ranges Tour
Melbourne 360 Observation Deck

Day Two:
Running around the Tan Track, Royal Botanic Garden
Fitzroy Gardens: Cook's Cottage
St. Patricks Cathedral
Melbourne Museum
Lygon St. (Little Italy)
Old Melbourne Gaol
QVB / Myer / David Jones
Free outdoor opera by the Melbourne Symphony
Chinatown

No wonder my legs are so tired... Just looking at the above list, I wonder how I was able to fit all these in.

1 comments:

tikitik said...

Hi, nice to know you're connected. Anyway, re our trip, it most likely will be moved one week later because I don't want to miss M's softball game. Take care and continue to post - am tuning in frequently. :-)