Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Fuel Belt

Ran with a friend today. We started at 5:15am, in the pouring rain! Wore a rain resistant jacket which wasn't very resistant at all. I'd like a light, breathable rain jacket for times like this! Hmmn, maybe they'll have good sales in Hong Kong.

Used the Fuel Belt for the first time. I loaded up the flasks with 3 waters & 1 gatorade, which I finished by the end of the run. The Fuel Belt is comfortable but a bit bulky ~ because of the four flasks, I had to stick my elbows out a bit. Midway through the run, the belt kept hiking up my waist instead of staying snug at my hips. (My fault though. I've read several reviews to order up a size, so I did. Plus I've lost more than an inch or so around my hips :-)) But, I can deal with that, rather than running without water.

Getting better with the hills, I ran all the way up Ultra and St. Pauls without stopping and dying! My legs are getting stronger each day, and I no longer walk like a man after a hard workout. :-) Now I just have to add a little bit of speedwork training...

Summary of today's run:
Miles: 6.69
Pace: 11:46
Time: 1hr18min



Now to pack and let my running shoes dry.

0 comments: