Monday, November 19, 2007

A pigout weekend

Last weekend was all about eating and training.
FRI:: Horizon Lounge & Milky Way :: Swimming
SAT:: Shang Palace :: 4.72 miles
SUN:: Silks :: 12.85 miles - my longest run to date

Considering the amount of food I ate over the weekend, my weight remains the same. According to my Polar HRM, I expended 1775 calories during my long run yesterday - WOW! Per my Nike+ Sports Kit, I only used up 1173 cal. Hmmn, that's such a huge difference, who to believe???

My long run of 12.85mi took me around Green Meadows, Valle Verde and Ultra then used the treadmill for the last 5mi. I didn't make it to Katipunan because of a couple scary looking dogs on Temple Rd so I did a quick U-ey :-( Except for the dogs and a few minor hills, it wasn't that bad of a run.



The thing about running early in the morning is that most places are closed and it's hard to find a place that sells water. I was so thirsty that my heart jumped with joy to see a Jollibee at the end of Green Meadows Ave. Thanks Jollibee for the free glass of water! My next water break was approx 30 minutes later at Ultra. At that point I was cross eyed and knock kneed that I almost gave up on the run. That's when I decided to head back home and run on the treadmill instead. While I drowned myself with water. Let me tell you, it's not easy to run when you're bloated with water either.

It's a good thing I met up with my cousin Wendy and Brian, her fiance, later that night. They brought me my new toys, a Fuel Belt and a Garmin Forerunner 305 which I'd been eagerly anticipating for months. I am a happy runner gone to heaven! Thanks to you guys, I'll no longer be thirsty during my long runs.


Mom, Brian, Wendy, Jim, Dad, me, Tita Diana @ Silks

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats with the Garmin! It seems you've got every gadget on the market. Time to throw all the others away haha.

bealtea said...

Just like you, I love gadgets. For now, I'll run with the Garmin and iPod/Nike+ ~ don't want to lose my Nike+ standing kasi. :-)