Monday, December 03, 2007

Boracay, overdone



I'm back in Manila from a great but exhausting trip to Boracay! It was early morning runs, lazing underneath the shade of an umbrella, traipsing around the island, happy hours starting at 4pm... I'm not as young as I'd like to think I am, so I held back and didn't bother keeping up with friends. Still, my body couldn't handle all the activities, and so here I am nursing an upset stomach. Because of this, I had to forego my scheduled long run earlier today. It's too bad, because running conditions in Boracay at this time of the year is close to perfect. You've got the view, a bit of wind, a little sunshine, clean air...

Did 2 not so easy "easy" runs over the weekend though, for a total of 8.2mi. Again experienced some shin problems on my right leg. Did the walk/run bit as my shins were way too tight and I was in pain. I need to get this checked before it gets out of control. Shoes used: my old Salomons.

Dining:: Manana, True Food, Lemon, Dos Mestizos, Smoke Resto, Real Coffee, Moondogs
Happy Hour:: Manana, Aria, Discovery Shores, Tides, Cocomangas
Made:: 2008 NY resolutions and a pledge to do a weekly photo exchange with CV
Word Tripping:: 517

0 comments: