Thursday, January 03, 2008

Running around Macau

It was my first time to Macau and I enjoyed it. The weather was perfect, sunny during the day and chilly at night. Six days is more than enough time to get to know, enjoy and wander around this charming little city. Here are some of the things I did:

  • a day trip to Coloane Village and Hac Sa Beach
  • a shopping expedition in Zhuhai (similar to Shenzen)
  • a visit to the Da Vinci Exhibition
  • and walking tours all over town


The cold weather, despite the wind, was conducive to running. I could have kept going and going, but sadly my days were packed. I was able to get four runs in, all of them good ones:
  • two around Lago Nam Van and Lago Sai Van
  • Fisherman's Wharf / Outer Harbour
  • Penha Hill / Lago Sai Van ~ my best run ever
  • and a hike up and around Guia Lighthouse
One thing this trip wasn't, is a foodie trip. My father likes eating simple meals. And after several days of eating Chinese food, he craved for something else. On New Year's Eve, it was a McDonald's burger he craved for, so there we all ate. Oh the burger I had, it was so good!

Snippets of the trip:
Discovered :: Daiso, a Japanese discount store
Daily Eats :: LemonCello gelato, various flavors
Savored :: egg tarts from Lord Stow's in Coloane Village
Tried :: fried squab at Dumbo's in Taipa
Money spent gambling :: zero
Total miles ran :: 16.87

0 comments: