Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Some serious shoe loving

I wore my new Nike Vomero+ 2 shoes for the first time today and oh my gawd, they are heaven to my feet.



Compared to my NB 1061, the Vomero+ 2 is super light and cushiony. My kicks and lift offs were higher. I felt bouncy, springy and fast. It also has a support for bunions, which will come in handy during long runs. Love it!


The oval thingy supports bunions

A few things I'll need to adjust to:

  • the width ~ it's a lot narrower than my 1061's, but then I was wearing a thick pair of Thorlo socks
  • my heels feel like they are rolling inward upon landing
Thank you Therese, you are the best!

Nike+ Sports Kit
On another note, my Nike+ sports kit must be dying. I did a 49 minute tempo run today and it reported that I only ran 3.32 miles at a pace of 14:43. HUH?!? By my calculation, I should have covered 5+/- miles. I'll try it with the 1061's tomorrow and see if I get a wrong reading there too. Aren't these things supposed to last 1 year?

0 comments: