Friday, January 18, 2008

The thing about hair care

Most women know that you're not supposed to shampoo your hair everyday. As a runner, I sweat, a lot, and so does my head. I knew that sooner or later, someone was bound to ask me whether I shampoo everyday.

I was with my sister the other day and she asked me that very question. You see, my sister has beautiful hair. She started running recently to complement her yoga workouts. But, if running means she'll have stinky hair, then she'd rather not.

I told her that I shampoo every other day. During the off days, I rinse my hair after every run. When my hair is dry, I use a product by Stila, called Hair Refresher, and I love it. I think of it is a "powder shampoo" that absorbs the oil produced by your hair. Plus, the Jade Blossom scent is light and quite lovely.

On days that I swim, I rinse my hair first, put some conditioner on, then put my swimming cap on. The conditioner bars the chlorine from penetrating the strands. So I was told. Then of course, I shampoo afterwards.

That's it, in a nutshell, the gist of my hair care maintenance.

0 comments: